Saturday, September 26, 2026

When AI is actually useful!

Saturday, September 26, 2026

oldbearnews editor


Well I decided on a rainy lazy afternoon to see if the AI - is actually useful - and have to say - for once - it was!! 

Score 2 for AI

The issues was - that on an older style / layout for this blog - I had a label/word  cloud that added up all the tags and put them into a cloud with clickable links - so that if you clicked - for example - Austria, the underlying blog structure would pull out all entries with the tag - Austria!

It was pretty thing - and - as usual - it broke with the change over! Something like this!! 

So - seeing that the AI is meant to be super-hot - lets just ask the question - what, if any, program can we use to insert and re-do that little part of the Blog!!! 

Scanning - yup we can do that!!

 

Script found online and follow the paste instructions - then came the hard part!

It required  - urm - tweaking - fiddling!!  That's the part where I normally give up!!

HTML is hard enough let alone understandable! For me at least - not pretending I know it all! 

Then there is me - old butterfingers -  with typing! 

A very long time back I used to do a little bit of scripting with x-chat - and promptly broke an extensive large script - not knowing why or how - only to be told by an enterprising teenager - that I had ONE to many "WHITE"- spaces inside the scrip!! 

I  mean - HOW are you s'posed to see that with just a glance???  From memory - took him 2 hours of careful scanning!!  Anyhow - as you see (top right at the blog) - "We" got it up and running again - sure it needs perhaps one or two more tweaks - still - it's more then I had for a very long time!  The google tag thing is right at the bottom and as you can see - it's just bland long line of words . . . 

So ChatGPT - can be useful - if you just ask the right questions and accept that I  make typing mistakes!!  



Have fun! 

bear print

 

 

 

 

 

 PS - note that Austria has some 100 plus tags - but in the new cloud it is one the small scale - it was meant to be sorted by largest by size etc . . see - more "fiddling" required!! 

Tomorrow . .

 

0 Leave ur comment here :

 
◄Design by Pocket ►