Thursday, September 17, 2026

All this talk about AI - time to make test drive

Thursday, September 17, 2026

oldbearnews editor

Its a rainy day - good time to be on the key-board . . . . 



This morning I took Gemini and ChatGPT and gave it a workout!  


I asked both of them to scour the net for population data for both NZ/AU from 1900 to current time and then also scour for total numbers on sheep for both countries and then make me a graph that shows the ratio of numbers of sheep per person for a specific timestamp as found per search! Google Gemini is free - of course and Chatgpt has a free and paid version. I think the paid version is more like an Office suite - so I could have taken the graph and "did stuff" with it! In order to show the graphs - - I went old school - and did a print screen of the relevant bit I wanted to keep! Not interactive to be sure - still!!! Then for fun I asked both to repeat and swap sheep with cattle!!!  The sheep numbers look pretty much the same from both programs! Gemini did as asked and showed NZ in Black! 

Chat GPT - said - sorry can do AU in green and NZ in blue o n l y !! 


The cattle numbers though are very different (meaning they pulled a different set of data from the net) - so trust either with a very large spoon full of salt - never-mind as a pinch!! I do believe that the numbers it pulled are ex official published documents e.g. Census and public reports from the sheep association etc . . .  

Further - Chatgpt - wanted to  have a discussion on the merit of Beef vs Cattle . . . .  Should have asked for Cow and Steer numbers . . . . . 

For fun - and cause I am lazy - I asked it to show how many extra sheep Australia would have needed to achieve parity with the given ratio number for NZ from the 1980's! 
 

Answer:   Australia would have needed approximately 195.1 million EXTRA sheep in 1981 to reach New Zealand's peak-1980s sheep-per-person ratio.
That would put Australia at roughly:  329.5 million sheep total, versus its actual ~134.4 million.
So, in round numbers, Australia needed another ~195 million sheep — more than doubling its existing flock — to achieve parity with NZ's 1981 sheep-per-capita level.

 
That's a lot of furry things running round - despite its land size . . . 

N O sheep urm - rude or funny jokes were or are needed at this stage!!! 


Also - talking about AI - there are ever growing Tiktok/Youtube items of songs etc etc! One of them being Elvis singing Cohen's Hallelujah!! -- WHICH if you know your history - is impossible!!!!! Right?!?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufS8-zW3Ugg 

Elvis died some 11 years prior to the song being ACTUALLY written!!! - you could tell though it was AI made too!!! Or is some clever impersonator singing here??? 

Some of the songs though, are very, very first class (and the list is growing very fast) - especially if it's just a song and the graphics are not needed - or just taken and then overlaid later on!! Some are immensely funny - if rude - (example included below)! They are such a  good in quality that you can easily be fooled that they are real songs sung by real performers/people!!! Scary times are ahead! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5PUyzzGi6Q&list=RDGaxbzasFYmg&index=3





Have fun! bear print

0 Leave ur comment here :

 
◄Design by Pocket