Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Tango with Mamabear - somewhere in New Zealand

Wednesday, September 23, 2026

oldbearnews editor

Enjoy!! 

https://youtu.be/-9_itAFEWUQ




THE DANCE GOES ON

[Strong, unmistakable tango introduction — warm, elegant, theatrical. Establish the recurring tango melody immediately.]

VERSE 1

She knew the numbers, she knew the dates,
She knew when things began.
I knew the stories, I knew the roads,
And somehow we had a plan.
The world might say there’s a proper way
For a husband and a wife,
But we never paid much attention
To the rulebook of married life.

She brought home the pay cheque,
I nurtured the children at home,
She worked her day, I ran the house,
And neither danced alone.
She married one slightly crazy foreigner,
An Austrian by birth —
And little did she know back then
What else he'd bring to earth!

For thirty cousins came with him,
And family far and wide,
And somehow all those distant lives
Became part of our lives.

CHORUS

Sometimes we laugh, sometimes we tease,
Sometimes we disagree,
But somehow when the music plays
We find the steps we need.

We’re two people in our dance,
Two stories, one old tune,
Sometimes dancing close together,
Sometimes giving each other room.

And after all the years we’ve had,
There’s one thing I can say —
Whatever step tomorrow brings,
We’ll dance it anyway.

VERSE 2

Then Austria came calling,
With suitcases and plans,
Doris, Bernhard, Wilfried too,
And suddenly our hands
Were full of roads and memories,
And places they should see —
A little taste of New Zealand,
And all that it could be.

Two cars went down the highway,
One with you and one with me,
Visitors shared between us
As we headed off to see.

We didn't need to make it perfect,
We knew enough to start.
Some things were planned, some happened,
And some just played their part.

But mile by mile and day by day,
Through every bend and view,
We weren't just taking them around —
We were living it there too.

CHORUS

Sometimes we laugh, sometimes we tease,
Sometimes we disagree,
But somehow when the music plays
We find the steps we need.

We’re two people in our dance,
Two stories, one old tune,
Sometimes dancing close together,
Sometimes giving each other room.

And after all the years we’ve had,
There’s one thing I can say —
Whatever step tomorrow brings,
We’ll dance it anyway.

VERSE 3

There were mountains, lakes and highways,
New Zealand stretching wide,
A bungy jump at Queenstown
With excitement on each side.

Doris took the plunge that day,
While others watched below,
And somewhere in the laughter
We all found room to go.

Then came the Kingston Flyer,
With steam and smoke and sound —
Bernhard found the old train
And nearly disappeared around!

Te Anau brought its forests,
The lake beneath the sky,
And more adventures than we'd planned for
As the days went racing by.

And through it all, the two of us
Were part of every scene —
Not just guides for visitors,
But living in the dream.

SHORT TANGO INTERLUDE

[8–12 bars only. Let the main tango theme shine, with a brief dramatic pause before the vocals return.]

VERSE 4

The visitors went home again,
The photographs stayed near,
The roads became our memories,
And another year was here.

You kept the dates, I kept the tales,
We still know what to do —
A smile, a laugh, a little smooch...
Some things just carry through!

We've built a life from little things,
From family, work and miles,
From all those Austrian connections
And all the memories that smiled.

We've each got our own two feet,
Our own ideas, our own way,
We've challenged one another
And still we're here today.

And though the years may change the tune,
And slow our dancing feet,
We've always found our way again
Whenever our paths meet.

CHORUS

Sometimes we laugh, sometimes we tease,
Sometimes we disagree,
But somehow when the music plays
We find the steps we need.

We’re two people in our dance,
Two stories, one old tune,
Sometimes dancing close together,
Sometimes giving each other room.

And after all the years we’ve had,
There’s one thing I can say —
Whatever step tomorrow brings,
We’ll dance it anyway.

BRIDGE

You don't always follow me,
And I don't always lead.
Sometimes you change the rhythm
Before I know I need.

Sometimes I think I've got it right,
You think I've got it wrong,
Then one of us starts laughing
And we're dancing right along.

Sometimes the step is yours to choose,
Sometimes the step is mine,
And somehow both our separate ways
Still keep us in the line.

FINAL CHORUS

Sometimes we laugh, sometimes we tease,
Sometimes we disagree,
But somehow when the music plays
We find the steps we need.

We’re two people in our dance,
Two stories, one old tune,
Still dancing close together,
Still giving each other room.

And after all the years we’ve had,
There’s one thing I know is true —
The best part of this whole dance
Has always been with you.

CODA

The music may grow softer,
The road may change its view,
The steps may get a little slower,
But I'll still dance with you.

So take my hand, Mamabear,
There's still some road ahead.

We've got a few more dances
Before the last note's said.

And we keep on dancing together...

Into the sunset of years.

[Final tango theme returns — warm, romantic, recognizable, and allowed to resolve fully rather than being rushed.]





Have fun! bear print



0 Leave ur comment here :

 
◄Design by Pocket