Monday, December 19, 2022

When you can run your BBQ at Christmas - and feel toastie too!

Monday, December 19, 2022

oldbearnews editor

One should not ever trust blindly what one can see on the internet.  Usually I do back check some stuff - and the Milankovitch Cycles have long been established as a factual past / present and future life of our planet! 

Technically we are still in an ice age - albeit with a warm inter-period! 

Here is a vid on tube - that explains this in a simple to follow visual!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01aFP88qfQs&ab_channel=Astrum

 

I took a couple of things  away from this

Winter in the French Alps - Imgur( this is really beautiful.....) | Ski  resorts france, Ski resort, Best family ski resorts 

In 13 000 (let me type that - thirteen thousand) years there will have been a change in seasons relating to our monthly calendar. So during December/January months the northern countries will have a lovely summer night and whip out their BBQ's and wine coolers and sit out in their gardens 'till late at night and enjoy an evening sun and friends and social get-togethers, While the southern Hemisphere folks will be skiing and making lots of snow-men/women/kids/figures!!!

Skiing in NZ during Nov/ Dec / Jan / Feb  - Christkindl markets - Gluehwein - roasting Chestnuts - Christmas light decorations shining away from 5 pm on-wards!! 

 

  C  A  N  '  T    W  A  I  T

 

I am looking so forward to experience this asap!!  No expensive plane tickets and travel arrangements need to be made for this or next year!!  Just a tiny matter of a few years - ok - some 13 000 years to be waiting - but hey - I will get there!!! I should make plans for that already - hmm lets see - first of all I need to invest into a pair of decent skis and thermal undies and - yup - snow-chains for the car and . . . . 

The other thing - as said before technically we still in a global long term ice age cycle - and yes despite our best efforts - eventually we will get our glaciers back - I just have to wait some 9000 (let me type that -- nine thousand) years for that or so!!   NO PROBLEM there -  patience is a virtue - and lately I had to - urm - *cough* grow my virtues!! We should stop dick-in round with this CO2 Angst and just get on with it - let nature take its course!! After all - we all want our glaciers back - right?!

 

To be fair though  - while I am looking forward to experiencing my birthday in a summer setting (oh those trips to the West coast will be so special) my sister (living in Europe) on the other hand might struggle to comprehend a regular Summer temperatures (say 25c - 30c) Christmas!!  Sorry Sis'!! 

 

Bring it on!!!!!!


Have fun! bear print

0 Leave ur comment here :

 
◄Design by Pocket