Thursday, October 20, 2022

Does the Ol' Dude up there have an image problem????

Thursday, October 20, 2022

oldbearnews editor

Howdy

 

 

 

Wasn't that long ago that going to a hair dresser was sort of out of the question (Thanks Covid) and so I had decided to just let my beard grow - eventually it got almost ruler length long - albeit straggly. Yeah long and straggly!!  (Notice the lack of hair further up - that is forever gone now)

Anyhow - I can vividly remember - we went to a restaurant out and the ??Indian/Pakistani??? Dude at front of house - piped up - "I am so jealous of your beard!!  - I'm going - like what????  He had this amazing full grown thick rich black beard - close to the skin - and there was not a millimeter of any exposed skin where-ever the beard was - unlike mine.  So we had a few words.  

Turns out his beard stops growing after 3 weeks!! Now that is the first time I heard of that happening!! So we joked around of doing a beard swap!!! For as much as he wanted mine - I was envious of  his!!

One thing I did usually do - is to trim the few mustache-hairs as they usually grow in a straight line - straight down- and after a certain length they just get into your teeth, making eating a interesting experience!!!!  

THIS time I decided to see if I can grow a decent mustache -   the final "look" yet to be decided - as -- first of all - I need some length - more then the half inch I got now. Of course some serious re-training !! of hair alignment is also needed - cue the hair gel!!!

All of that got me thinking!

We humans are a weird bunch of animal! We and dear I say it - mostly in our modern western world -  seem never to be happy with what we got - or have not got! Our body image revolves around being to tall/short/thick/thin/round/square/wrong color/wrong sex/ and any other blemishes we can dream up. We go and have nips and tucks and additions and reductions and Botox and and and. . . We spend an enormous amount of $$$$ on Hair-colour / Boob-reductions - or in-plants, or in Michael Jackson's case - a complete skin colour change!

Given (according to judean-christian) traditions we are meant to be created in the image of our God - yeah - the ol' dude up in the sky up there - what does this mean???  Is he, up there, not happy with his own image? He who - just IS!?!

Forever and ever. . . . I mean - I can imagine that after a few billions of years of looking at that mole on your shin - one might think about - a possible change?!?!?!?!


Well - I guess I could go to my cross and ask Jesus that - being his son and all he might know - - somehow I think though, I might not get an answer. 

Some things just stay 'in the family' so to speak!!

 

Meanwhile - fingers crossed - those half dozen straggly and yes - (one hair had TRHEE colours) Hairs, will continue to grow and maybe in 12 months time I can post a picture of something closely resembling some sort of mustachio!!  

Wish me luck!!



Have fun! bear print


0 Leave ur comment here :

 
◄Design by Pocket