Thursday, May 27, 2010

Annual Westcoast trip with scouts

Thursday, May 27, 2010
oldbearnews editorLol - it is time again for our annual Westcoast trip away with some of our Scouts. I haven't told this yet to many - but on the trip we sleep mostly indoors (don't fancy the soaking wet and freezing cold outdoors) and I always play a wake-up call-tune on my Lapp top.
Basically the first four sound clips are the same every year (incl a very noisy Reville) followed by 2 or 3 selected sound tracks of special songs. Last years main song was from Eva Cassidy (how can I stop from singing) www.youtube -- How can I keep from singing - which I also used for a theme for a scouts own, *grins* h o w e v e r the year before that, we were based in Hokitika and sadly a virus was brought on camp that laid almost the entire tour party low the day before we were due to come home. Seeing that everyone was expelling fluids at both ends (simultaneously) we decided to play it cool and stay an extra day/night, much to the delight of the kids who had a day of school!! Anyhow - I decided to reset the alarm music to a later time for the next day and everyone went to sleep - O N L Y my mistake was - I clean forgot my "normal" weekly wakeup call setting for going to work - which was played an hour earlier then the intended wakeup call -

First up - lead song --- yep from the very nice South African chick band - Clout ---- SAVE ME!! Which was the most fitting song, E V E R (totally unintentionally) played on a camp -- EVER.
The first few lines go like this

Save me
take me away to the moonlight
the people around me don't feel right <---- as in being sick
what are we doing here.
Come on and save me
let's get away from the action <------ as in everyone is spewing in buckets
you are the only attraction
take me away from here. <----- as in - I wanna go home - right now

The party's on and one by one . . . . . . .


By this line being played - I managed to scramble out of bed and kill the music - to late - I had everyone in stitches, laughing away!!!! Thus another legend was being born on camp!! Lets hope this years camp goes much smoother - I'm kinda starting to run out of appropriate songs to select . . . .





bear print

0 Leave ur comment here :

 
◄Design by Pocket