Sunday, September 27, 2009

Does internet speed beat a telephone call??

Sunday, September 27, 2009
oldbear typingI almost blew my internet allowance on listening to a radio station from Bayern / Germany (Bayern3). I always liked the station - the other day I went through 700MB of data. It is great, it is a live stream. So Micky and I discussed the merits of transmission.

Which is quicker:
A live stream via ADSL on the net --- OR
I call someone in Bayern and listen to HIS/HER radio on the phone??
Does the internet speed beat a telephone call transmission???

Hmmmmmmm

Who do I know in Germany that will take a "collect call" from Neu Seeland???

bear print

1 Leave ur comment here :

Anonymous said...

J.T. ---
depends. telephone is generally very quick with one second delay + the delay of the radio in the local area. Internet is generally 1 to 2 minutes behind.

 
◄Design by Pocket